A few days ago, we had mentioned in a post about LXQt that, the future stable version "LXQt 1.2.0" was about to arrive, and that day has come today.
So, without wasting any time, today we will share with you the interesting and great news long-awaited launch. Above all, on the part of those who are his loyal users, so much about Lubuntu like others GNU / Linux Distros.
And, before starting this post about the new and current stable version "LXQt 1.2.0" of the name LXQt Desktop Environment, we recommend exploring the following related contents, at the end of today's:
Content of the article
- 1 LXQt 1.2.0: New version of the lightweight Qt desktop environment
- 2 Your Order
LXQt 1.2.0: New version of the lightweight Qt desktop environment
What's new in the current release of LXQt 1.2.0
Between the most outstanding novelties announced de "LXQt 1.2.0" that now is based on Qt 5.15, the last LTS version of Qt5, we can mention the following, divided by elements of the same:
LibFM-Qt / PCManFM-Qt
- Added that, in detailed list mode, items can now be selected by dragging the mouse cursor within unnamed columns. Also, that with the keys Ctrl+D it is possible, both within PCManFM-Qt and the LXQt file dialogs, to deselect all the elements. In addition, search dialog entries have been provided with a search history, among many other new features.
- Added context menu items to Quick Launch to reload desktop entries, fixed Quick Launch icons when there are multiple configuration files, and fixed volume popup position under Wayland.
QTerminal / QTermWidget
- Bidi rendering was set to enabled by default, and QTermWidget can now be used as a Qt plugin; among other things.
LXQt Power Management
- The “stable” state of the battery has been established. The states “neither load nor unload” were discarded.
- Preliminary changes targeted for implementation under Wayland.
- Added a sorting submenu to the View menu and fixed visual glitches caused by smoothing scaled images.
- Fixed bugs related to an old problem with displaying newly installed application icons correctly, and an issue related to folder priorities in desktop directories.
- Fixed a bug related to window screenshot and window decoration with multi-screen setups.
Lastly, and for more information about this release, and later or earlier, you can access the following link.
Y for better visually appreciate the changesHere we will show a few screen shots about how it looks now LXQt 1.2.0:
In summary, "LXQt 1.2.0" comes at the right time to improve lightweight Qt desktop environment, through innovative, useful and necessary features that will surely be of great pleasure and help for the users of this fabulous and versatile DE. Which, despite everything, continues to offer a classic style desk with a modern look.
Finally, and if you simply liked the content, comment and share it. Also, remember, visit the beginning of our «site», in addition to the official channel of Telegram to explore more news, tutorials and Linux updates. West group, for more information on today's topic or other related ones.