After several delays and much secrecy on their part, the developers of Ubuntu Touch have released a new OTA for Ubuntu Phone, in this case we are before the OTA-14. This new version incorporates many new features for its users but above all, it incorporates a lot of bug fixes.
The developers have wanted the OTA-14 to be new and nothing to do with previous releases so there are many new features, but maybe the only thing in common with other otas besides Ubuntu Phone, is the bug fix, bugs whose correction makes it even more stable than Ubuntu Phone is.
In the publication of the announcement and in changelog we can see all the bugs corrected and new things, but in general we can say that these are the news that OTA-14 incorporates Ubuntu Phone:
- Renewed scopes design to give a cleaner image.
- New, a faster task manager.
- New security patterns to lock the device.
- Changing the date and time icons.
- The sms arrive and emit sound even if the mobile is locked.
- Work alarms.
- Incorporation of the Opus Audio codec for the reproduction of multimedia content.
- Correction of bugs related to Owncloud that will allow a greater synchronization with the terminal.
These items make OTA very important, maybe the most important update ever released in 2016. However, the year may end and some have not received this update. The problem is that there are many devices and the system cannot handle all the updates at the same time.
If we want to do it manually we have to go to Settings, from there to Update and in Update we press the button "Search for updates", after several seconds the system will indicate that there is a new OTA and if we want to update. More or less the same system that exists in other mobile operating systems such as Android or iOS.