Things seemed to go pretty well when Plasma v5.24 was released. Nate Graham was pleased with what they introduced and how it worked, but when we started using it on a large scale, bugs began to be discovered that they began to fix in the first point update. Things seemed to be under control a week later, but today have thrown plasma 5.24.3 and they have returned to correct many more bugs than expected.
The following list is not the official one, but part of what Graham tells us on the weekends. The developer and one of the heavyweights of KDE uses a less technical language that makes things clearer, and also tells us about the news and corrections that seem most important to him. Therefore, here is the list with the most outstanding news that have arrived with Plasma 5.24.3.
Some of the novelties of Plasma 5.24.3
- Desktop and panel mappings in multi-screen setups should now be much more robust, as invalid screen inputs will no longer be added under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a recent big regression in multi-monitor+multi-GPU setups in the Plasma Wayland session.
- Right-clicking an application's icon in the System Tray no longer causes the right-clicked application to be activated when left-clicking other Task Manager items.
- Changes can be reapplied on the system settings touch panel page.
- The process
plasma_sessionno longer loses a lot of memory.
- Adjusting the screen backlight now always works when using certain types of multi-GPU systems.
- Discover no longer occasionally displays firmware or app text styling incorrectly.
- File dialogs now open faster when your initial view is a network location.
- Our name is no longer bypassed on the login screen when it is longer than 11 characters and there is more than one user account on the system.
- System monitor bar charts no longer erroneously lack space between bars.
- Applet labels in the system tray grid view are now vertically aligned so that the first line in multi-line labels always matches other applets, even those with 1 or 3 lines.
- Text on Breeze-style vertical tabs is now centered vertically on the tabs, instead of awkwardly lining up at the top.
- In the Plasma Wayland session:
- Screen sharing/recording/casting in full screen apps now works.
- Colors are no longer weird with certain hardware.
- The soft keyboard no longer overlaps half of the vertical panel setting (if you're using such a setting) when it appears.
- The "Help" buttons in the Information Center are working again.
- When displaying the seconds in a digital clock applet, the seconds no longer jump on minute changes.
KDE released Plasma 5.24.3 a few moments ago, and that usually means two things. The first is that your code is now available for those who want to download it and work with it. The second is that the new features are already available in KDE neon and will soon be in the KDE Backports repository. The rest of the distributions, except for the Rolling Release, will have to wait a little longer to be able to install Plasma 5.24.3.