Oomox is a utility for Ubuntu Linux that allows you to create different color variations for the popular Numix GTK2 and GTK3 themes. It has a large number of tools with which to create different themes almost effortlessly. Or if you prefer, you can make small adaptations to some of the predefined themes such as slight changes in the tone of the colors.
The latest version of Oomox supports both GTK + 2 and GTK + 3 themes and also includes topics from Openbox and Xfwm4. It has also been included support for Unity although, for this specific case, work is still being done on the support that allows changing the color of the window buttons. It will be a matter of time before this feature is supported.
The latest version of Oomox 0.17 brings us the possibility to make adjustments to the rounded edges of the windows and play with color gradients, plus many other enhancements.
The main changes that we will see in this new version are the following:
- New predefined colors: gnome-colors monovedek-gray and superdesk.
- Option to apply rounded edges for GTK + 2.
- New configurable rounded edges feature for GTK + 3 themes, plus a larger number of selectable gradients for your themes and spacing between your elements.
- A new one has been included preview option for borders and gradients in the user interface.
- Now there is a possibility of create dark themes for GTK + 3 as of this version.
- Various program adjustments and fixes on GTK 3.20.
The GTK version that you must have installed on your system is 3.16 or higher, which includes the operating system Ubuntu and all its main derivatives like Ubuntu GNOME, Lubuntu, Xubuntu and Ubuntu MATE in versions 15.10 and 16.04.
We leave you some screenshots so that you can see for yourself the good effects that can be achieved for the desktop.
Superdesk on Ubuntu GNOME 16.04
Monovedek-gray on Unity (Ubuntu 16.04)