In Linux there are countless players. Rhytmbox, Clementine, Cantata, Lollypop ... each with its functions, design, strengths and weaknesses. That is why it is so difficult to find the perfect player for us. For me, that player also has to be a multimedia library that allows me to organize my songs and, with this I get heavy, have an equalizer. A software that, from my point of view, as a player is close to perfection is Tauon Music Box, who has released its first stable version this week.
For me, what Tauon lacks to be my default music listening program is the library. It simply does not exist. What it does have is everything else, a very powerful search, it is very easy to create lists, covers, lyrics ... easy it is to make lists, the library could exist, but we would have to create it ourselves manually, creating lists with the artists. Too much work for a server that will have 50 or more artists in its library.
What Tauon Music Box offers us
- Compatible with the most popular audio files such as MP3, FLAC, APE, TTA, M4A and OGG.
- Playback without spaces by default.
- Integrated CUE sheet detection.
- Tracks grouped by folders.
- Simple list creation and management.
- Possibility of searching for artists in the "Rate Your Music" section.
- Powerful and accurate search.
- Possibility to create an image of our favorite albums.
- Compatible with last.fm and Plex.
- Support for Listenbrainz and launch Musicbrainz Picard.
- Ability to monitor downloads and import files in one click.
- Transcode folders to create a dedicated output folder to copy to devices with ease.
- Mini and macro modes.
- Minimalist design.
- Equalizer (me and my hobbies).
- It perfectly respects the metadata and separates records, artists and others perfectly.
- Lyrics (right click / search lyrics).
- Possibility of opening streaming audio.
- Possibility of broadcasting audio.
- Different color themes.
- Settings to define, for example, the size of some components.
- Supports native operating system notifications.
Tauon Music Box is available as Flatpak package, so we must activate the support in distributions like Ubuntu if we want to install it. For this, it will be enough that you continue this tutorial. Once the support is activated, we can install Tauon Music Box from the different software centers or by clicking here!.