They have already said it: «long wait, right?«. And yes, it has been long. In fact, I no longer expected it, to the point of putting it as an example Relying on a small project is not as safe as a larger one. But hey, the wait is over, and today, the first day of 2022, UbuntuDDE 21.10 Impish Indri has arrived with some of the news shared with the rest of the brothers and others of their own.
The main novelty that it shares with the Impish family is the kernel, a Linux 5.13 that in the case of UbuntuDDE 21.10 It has already come up with 22 revisions from Canonical. Among the rest of the news, something that was expected also stands out, which uses the latest version of Deepin Desktop Environment, or so they say.
Highlights of UbuntuDDE 21.10 Impish Indri
- Based on Ubuntu 21.10 with Linux kernel 5.13.0-22.
- Updated to the latest software packages and Deepin Desktop Environment available. Without having lowered the ISO, we cannot confirm if this is the case, but it is probable by the time it has arrived.
- DDE Store updated to 1.2.3.
- Firefox 95.0.1 as the default web browser, they do not explain if it is the official repositories version or they have already switched to using the Snap version.
- LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 as the default office suite.
- Calamares installer to facilitate the installation of the distribution.
- Fixed black screen freezing when trying to login.
- Fixed instant volumes displayed in File Manager.
- It includes several important bug fixes from UbuntuDDE Remix Team and upstream (DDE).
- More exciting future software packages through OTA updates.
- New beautiful and active wallpapers from the Deepin Community and UbuntuDDE Remix.
UbuntuDDE is a normal launch And, as such, it will be supported for 9 months, or maybe 6 if we take into account that it has arrived in January and not in October when it should. Existing users can upgrade from the same operating system or by installing the system from the new ISO.