The popular virtual machine creation program has officially announced the new version of VirtualBox 5.2. For those who still do not know or have heard about VirtualBox I can tell you a little about this great open source software.
If you are a Windows, Linux or Mac user, you have no problem in being able to try this program since it is multiplatform, this allows us the possibility of creating virtual disk drives where we can install an operating system Guest within the one we normally use on our team.
This new version of VirtualBox comes with many changes and features that many might be interested in, this corresponds to a new branch in which the main feature is being able to export virtual machines to the cloud.
VirtualBox 5.2 also features other GUI enhancements, audio enhancements, HDA audio emulation now supports asynchronous data processing, better video mode handling for EFI.
Among the most notable changes we find:
- VM export to Oracle Cloud format
- Automatic and silent installation of the guest operating system for virtual machines
- New handling of global tools
- Virtual Media Manager manages media attributes such as size, location, type, and description
- Host Network Manager simplifies the management of corresponding networks and their attributes
- GUI accessibility
- New GUI icons for VirtualBox on all platforms (Windows, Linux, Oracle Solaris, and Mac OS X)
- Improved virtual machine selector
- Device enumeration support for audio backends (optional)
- Support for host device callbacks (optional) and other enhancements
- Bonded warehouse
- Support for CUE / BIN images as multi-track CD / DVD media
- Support for driver memory buffer function for NVMe
How to install VirtualBox 5.2 on Ubuntu 17.10?
Since this new version is not found directly in the official Ubuntu repositories, we will have to do the installation in this way.
We must first download the .deb file of the Zesty version
Now we proceed to Open a terminal and write
cd Descargas sudo dpkg -i virtualbox-5.2*.deb
Because it will give us some errors we fix it with this command
sudo apt install -f
Now you just have to open the application and start enjoying it.