In the following article we are going to take a look at how we can install XnConvert on Ubuntu as a Flatpak package. This program is a powerful and free cross-platform batch image converter, which will allow us to perform more than 80 actions on them.
XnConvert is an application for photo retouching, which is designed to process several images at the same time, and which is also very easy to use. It has filters and corrections that will allow you to crop, rotate, lighten and transform a lot of photos in a single pass.
This application will make effects available to users to give a touch of originality to their creations, as well as watermarks and the possibility of saving a list of touch-ups that you use regularly to apply them with a mouse click.
XnConvert General Features
- XnConvert is a powerful and free batch image converter.
- This program is cross-platform, and is available for Windows, Mac and Gnu / Linux.
- Will allow us automate the editing of our photo collections. We can easily rotate, convert and compress images, and apply more than 80 actions (like resize, crop, adjust color, filter, …).
- All common graphics and image formats are supported (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, WebP, PSD, JPEG2000, JPEG-XL, OpenEXR, Camera Raw, HEIC, PDF, DNG, CR2). It will also allow us to save and reuse your presets for another batch image conversion.
- XnConvert is multilingual, includes more than 20 different translations, among which is Spanish.
- It offers powerful features in an easy-to-use interface, which provides the drag and drop function.
- XnConvert supports more than 500 formats and export to over 70 different file formats.
- This app excels at conversion of multiple images simultaneously.
- Mainly due to its basic image manipulation functions, allows user to easily modify opacity or color of photos, add filters or different effects to photosInter alia.
These are just some of the features of this program. They can consult all of them in detail from the project website.
Install XnConvert on Ubuntu via Flatpak
Ubuntu users, we can install XnConvert easily using the Flatpak package that can be found available at Flatub. In order to carry out this installation, it is necessary to have this technology enabled in our system. If you use Ubuntu 20.04, and you don't have it yet, you can follow The Guide that a colleague wrote a while ago in this blog.
When you can use this type of packages on your computer, all you have to do is open a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T) and execute the following in it install command:
flatpak install --user https://flathub.org/repo/appstream/com.xnview.XnConvert.flatpakref
After the installation of the program, to update it when a new version is available, just run the command:
flatpak --user update com.xnview.XnConvert
Once the installation is complete, we can start the program by searching for your launcher from the applications menu or from any other launcher available on our team. In addition, we can also start the program by typing in a terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T):
flatpak run com.xnview.XnConvert
For, uninstall XnConvert image converter from your computer, just open a terminal (Ctrl + Alt + T) and execute the command in it:
flatpak uninstall com.xnview.XnConvert
To learn more about this program, users can go to the project website.