The KDE suite of December 2020 apps I arrive earlier this month. As the first version of a series, it introduced very interesting new features, such as Spectacle's annotation (markup) tool or a new effect for Kdenlive that adds a blurred background to vertical videos. Today, the project has released a maintenance update, a few KDE Applications 20.12.1 They do not add such outstanding functions, but fixes so that everything works better.
The point release notes like the one for these KDE Applications 20.12.1 are not as interesting as the early versions, but the KDE project does mention some changes introduced what do you have in this link. What you have below is a list of the most outstanding ones, although it is important to insist that most apps, such as the aforementioned Spectacle and Kdenlive, will only receive internal tweaks.
Highlights of KDE Applications 20.12.1
- First version of Neochat for the Matrix network.
- KIO Fuse, a plug-in that improves remote file integration on the desktop, has been improved.
- KDevelop 5.6.1 has been released adding support for Python 3.9 and Gdb10. Several closures have also been fixed.
- New apps have been included in the set, such as MyGnuHealth, KGeoTag or Kongress
- Fixed various causes of crashes when opening Dolphin tabs.
- Markdown files can be reopened with Okular's document viewer.
- Gwenview now correctly saves JPEG quality settings.
- KDE's interactive geometry tool, Kig, no longer crashes when exporting constructs.
- Reverted a regression with bold text colors in Konsole
The KDE Applications 20.12.1 Release it's official, but right now it is not available in any operating system. In a few minutes or hours, or even as I write this article, they should reach KDE neon, and later other operating systems. Users who have added the KDE Backports repository should not receive this update, since KDE usually waits a little longer until more bugs have been corrected. Some apps are also coming to Flathub and Snapcraft soon.